Edmonton, Alberta | Field Services Team
about the opportunity
We are seeking a Construction Foreman (Project Supervisor) with a variety of experience including steel erection and assembly, and crew leadership / management. Acting as a representative of the company, the project supervisor ensures that all guidelines, standards, and requirements are met in a safe and productive manner.
- Assists in pre-planning and estimating of projects with operations, clients, and stakeholders.
- Lead and supervise employees including on-site subcontractors.
- Operate equipment assigned to projects.
- Act as a leader in health and safety and report to the H&S Dept.
- Conducts detailed project hazard assessments and meetings.
- Report and document incidents, hazards, injuries, and illnesses.
- Complete incident investigations
- Ensure all permits from clients/stakeholders are obtained daily.
- Conduct employee on-site training as required
- Evaluate competency of workers, recommending employee development path
- Reports and documents all maintenance deficiencies promptly
- Supervise the subcontractors during all phases of projects and ensure the sub-contractor safety management program is adhered to.
- Perform pre-use inspection for all equipment being used in the project
The candidate must be able to adapt to changing priorities and work in a variety of conditions, both indoors and outdoors, and may involve exposure to all weather conditions and temperatures. This position requires reliability and professionalism. Local and remote work available. Some travel may be required.
- At least 5 years of work experience as Construction Foreman or equivalent is mandatory
- Experience with pre-panning and labour estimating
- Valid Safety Certifications
- Valid equipment operator certifications are beneficial
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Current First Aid Level C
Safety & Equipment Training requirements
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or
- Basic Safety Orientation (BSO),
- Fall Protection
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
- First Aid
The work can be physically demanding at times and applicants should possess he ability to lift 50lbs.
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Salary & Additional Pay
- $25.00 – $32.00
- Bonus Pay
- Overtime Pay
About cam | industrial
Our customer base is very diverse; from small to very large multi-national corporations stemming from a wide variety of industries. Our focus is helping industrial consumers increase productivity, reduce operating costs, and increase revenue; thereby improving their profitability. We offer our customers solutions through industrial equipment, such as pallet racking, industrial mezzanines, industrial docks & doors, industrial robotics, as well as a large inventory of industrial supplies.
We are located in the Foothills Industrial area in SE Calgary. Free parking is available.
cam|industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our posting, but we will only be contacting those we wish to interview.