Calgary, Alberta | Field Services Team
- Hourly based on experience
- Full-time (8-hour shift)
about the opportunity
cam|industrial is looking for experienced Parts Person to join our Edmonton and Calgary crews. Our technicians work in a fast pace, controlled environment responding to the needs of our diverse group of customers. Our technicians service a wide range of industries ranging from Oil and Gas, Energy, Food and Dry-Goods. Our diversity has allowed us to grow in every economy with consistent sustainable increase. Cam Industrial is expanding to new locations including Vancouver, which also provides opportunities for growth and leadership. This is a very exciting time as we continue to grow into new industries and product lines. We look forward to you joining our team.
- Valid Driver’s license
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to work safely
Key Duties & responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Parts Person for our location in Calgary. This position is responsible for assisting customers in locating required parts, providing pricing and completing online and phone in parts orders and coordinating with the service team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Help diagnose customer problems/needs and recommends appropriate part solution
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills as a main point of contact for customers coming in for any parts, order inquiries and order desk sales
- Answering phones and e-mails for parts and order inquiries
- Order parts and helps ensure that all incoming parts are added to inventory and orders are complete and accounted for accurately
- Preparing quotations for sales orders
- Creating sales orders and maintaining communication with customers for updates
- Track and follow-up on ordered parts to ensure on time delivery
- Coordinate with service team on parts delivery and service schedule accuracy
- Identify sourcing opportunities that will lower cost, enhance quality and/or improve inventory turns
- Prepares orders by monitoring and maintaining minimum inventory levels and anticipating seasonal and other high-demand supply needs
- Enter word orders into NAV (ERP system)
- Prepare warranty return shipments, locate failed parts, package and label for return, file correct paperwork and complete appropriate transactions
- Provide materials to the service department in a timely fashion, communicate with technicians in an effort to have materials needed before service work starts and ensure materials are properly accounted for
- Maintain inventory levels per management guidelines always making an effort to review and offer necessary suggestions, as product needs change
- Attend training seminars as needed
- Champion our service asset portal
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to interact with clients, business associates and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Mechanically/Electrically inclined
- Attention to details
- Written and communication skills
- Punctual, reliable and good attendance
- Ability to handle stress in a positive manner
- Positive attitude towards learning and difficult situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to function as part of a team and to request and accept direction as required
- Safety awareness
- Parts Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Warehouse service experience an asset
If you possess these qualifications and believe you would make an excellent Service Technician, we want to hear from you! You can submit your cover letter and resume in the form to the right.
About cam | industrial
Our customer base is very diverse; from small to very large multi-national corporations stemming from a wide variety of industries. Our focus is helping industrial consumers increase productivity, reduce operating costs, and increase revenue; thereby improving their profitability. We offer our customers solutions through industrial equipment, such as pallet racking, industrial mezzanines, industrial docks & doors, industrial robotics, as well as a large inventory of industrial supplies.
We are located in the Foothills Industrial area in SE Calgary. Free parking is available.
cam|industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our posting, but we will only be contacting those we wish to interview.